Tips For Business Deliveries – Including CBD
The business is closed but it is before 5pm
If this happens, it is very important that you make contact before deciding what to do next. The Recipient may want you to re-deliver it elsewhere but if the Sender (who booked and paid for the delivery through Go People) doesn’t approve it, you may not get paid for it. So please make sure you do the right thing by following some simple rules:
- Contact Sender, explaining the business is already closed and ask what they would like you to do.
- If they request you to re-deliver to a new address, have it re-delivered later, or have it returned make sure to either click on the redeliver, return button or leave a comment so Go People admin can organise it and add a redelivery or return fee if need be.
How do I drop-off in the CBD
We do not pay for parking, tolls nor fines. Most CBD buildings have loading docks that you can use without paying. However if you have a van, truck or ute you may be able to park in loading zones for 15 to 30 minutes maximum. See our Loading Zones article for more info.
I cannot gain access to the business
You are on location but are unable to access the Recipient (security access required, not on location, etc.)
- Try calling Recipient
- Try to locate a Reception area or a mailroom you can deliver to. Get the full name of person signing for the goods and get a signature as POD. Leave a comment once it’s done so Sender and Admin are aware and can let the Recipient know.
- Try googling the business to find the company number to see if someone can help you gain access.
- If all of the above is unsuccessful contact Sender and ask them what to do.
- If all the above is unsuccessful contact Admin.
Nick Hartman is the Marketing and Communications Manager for Go People. The prospect of seamless, same day deliveries excites him and he hopes Go People will one day achieve that. Outside of making the delivery world a better place, you can often see him down at the SCG taking high class photos for his Instagram page.