1. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These additional Terms and Conditions (the “Additional Terms”) shall be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions for Senders (the “General Terms”) which can be found at www.gopeople.com.au/terms/.
1.2 Words which are defined in the General Terms have the same meaning in the Additional Terms unless the context requires otherwise.
2. USING THE GONOW SERVICE AS A SENDER
2.1 To use the GoNOW Service, you need to:
- post a delivery request (the “Job”) at any time on the Application;
- provide complete, accurate and up-to-date details regarding:
- the pick-up and drop-off location;
- details of the contact person at the pick-up and drop-off locations;
- the size, nature and type of goods for delivery; and
- any delivery instructions such as whether the goods can be left unattended at the drop-off location;
- review the quotes provided by Go People; and
- pay the fee in accordance with the quotes (the “Delivery Services Fee”) to Go People either by authorising Go People to automatically deduct the Delivery Services Fee from your digital wallet linked to your Account or by making advance payment via a credit/debit card.
2.2 Go People and/or the Runner will only perform the Services for you after:
- you have posted a Job;
- the Delivery Services Fee has been paid in full; and
- a Runner has irrevocably confirmed its acceptance of your Job.
In some situations, Go People may be unable to source a Runner to perform the Services to you and therefore will be unable to accept the Job. Where no Runner has been assigned to your Job and the Job has not been accepted by Go People, you may cancel the Job and Go People will provide you with a refund pursuant to clause 5 of the Additional Terms.
2.3 You acknowledge that you and your recipient are responsible to confirm that the Job has been completed by the Runner. Should you, or your recipient, fail to confirm the completion of the Job, Go People will automatically mark the Job as being completed after 48 hours.
2.4 Should you wish to dispute the performance of the Job, please follow the Dispute Resolution procedures as set out in clause 13 of the General Terms.
2.5 Go People encourages you to always ensure that all Jobs are posted through the Application and not to:
- contact a Runner directly to engage the Runner to perform any courier services without using the Application; and/or
- instruct a Runner who has been assigned to you to perform additional delivery jobs outside the scope of the existing retainer.
This is because the Refund Policy in clause 5 and the Warranty in clause 6 of the Additional Terms only apply to Jobs posted on the Application and they do not apply to any Jobs that are not posted on the Application. Accordingly, should any issues arise from the courier services that are not posted on the Application, such as loss of or damage to the delivery goods, you will have no access to any remedies and/or warranty provided by Go People under the Additional Terms.
2.6 Go People and/or the Runners cannot guarantee that the Jobs can be completed within the delivery time frame as unexpected circumstances or events that are beyond Go People and/or the Runners’ reasonable control may arise and delay the performance of the Jobs.
3. RECEIPT POLICY
3.1 On receipt of any deposits, Go People will provide you with a receipt for the amount of the deposit.
4. ADDITIONAL FEES
4.1 Subject to Clause 4.2 and 4.3 of these Terms, in using the GoNOW Service, you acknowledge that you may be liable for the following additional fees (if applicable):
- a delay fee where you or the recipient are not at the location of the pick-up or delivery and the Runner is required to wait for more than 10 minutes prior to being able to complete the pick-up or delivery as arranged. The delay fee is $0.00 for the first 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up or delivery time and thereafter $5.00 for each 10-minute unit (the “Delay Fee”). The $5.00 charge for each 10-minute unit will apply even if the waiting time for each unit is less than 10 minutes. For example, a waiting time of 11 minutes from the scheduled time will incur a delay fee of $5.00, whereas a delivery fee of $10.00 will apply where the waiting time is 24 minutes;
- subject to clause 4.1(b)(i) to (iii) and clause 5 herein, a cancellation fee of a minimum $11.00 (the “Cancellation Fee”) will always apply if you elect to cancel the Job after 5 minutes of the placement of the Job request and after a Runner has been appointed to the delivery. For the avoidance of doubt,
- if you choose to cancel a Job within 5 minutes of the placement of the Job request (regardless of whether a Runner has been appointed to the delivery), the Cancellation Fee is waived;
- if you choose to cancel a Job after 5 minutes of the placement of the Job request and the Job has yet to be assigned, the Cancellation Fee is waived; and
- a Job is unable to be assigned, the Job will be deemed to be cancelled and the Cancellation Fee will be waived;
- a fee for the return of the items which were to be delivered, being the standard on-demand price to deliver the item from the current location of the item to the original departure address (the “Return Fee”); and/or
- a fee for re-delivery (where applicable), being the standard on-demand price (which shall not be less than $11.00) to deliver the item from the initial destination address of the item to a new destination address (the “Re-delivery Fee”).
(collectively referred to as the “Additional Fees”)
4.2 You acknowledge and agree that:
- where you are unavailable to allow for pick-up of the delivery goods or your nominee is unavailable to collect the delivery goods at the designated time and location;
- where you have failed to properly identify the specifics of the Job or provided incorrect or incomplete information and, as a result, Go People and/or the Runner are unable to complete the Job; or
- the goods to be delivered are Restricted Items pursuant to clause 4 of the General Terms and you failed to notify Go People of the same,
then, in addition to the Delivery Service Fee, you will be required to pay the Additional Fee (if applicable). Go People reserves the right to charge you up to an additional $2/km distance travelled and up to $30/hour of additional time spent as a consequence of any of the reasons listed above, but shall use reasonable endeavours to notify you of same prior to you making a decision that may result in you incurring such additional costs.
5.1 The Delivery Services Fee is not refundable in the following circumstances:
- you are unable to attend to facilitate the completion of the Job;
- the Runner is unable to complete the Job due to incorrect, incomplete or insufficient instructions provided by you as to the location, timeframe or security requirements relevant to the Job; or
- the Runner is unable, for whatever reason, to complete the Job due to your action or omission.
5.2 The Delivery Services Fee may be refunded in the following circumstances:
- where the delivery is made later than the agreed delivery time by more than 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes, then you may, at your sole discretion, request a refund of $5.50 by contacting Go People pursuant to clause 5.4; and
- where the delivery is made later than the agreed delivery time by more than 60 minutes, then you may, at your sole discretion, request a full refund of the Delivery Services Fee to you by contacting Go People pursuant to clause 5.4.
5.3 With respect to the refund of the deposits made by you to the credit account you have with Go People:
- where the date of request for the refund is within the 28-day trial period, Go People will refund the remaining balance of the deposit to you; or
- where the date of request for the refund is outside the 28-day trial period, Go People will not refund (in full or in part) any deposits. For the avoidance of doubt, you are still entitled to use the deposits to purchase the GoNOW Service.
For the purposes of this clause, the trial period starts from the day you make the first deposit.
5.4 If you are unsatisfied with the GoNOW Service provided by Go People or believe that you may be entitled to a refund of the Delivery Services Fee, you can contact Go People by sending an email to email@example.com outlining why you believe you are entitled to a refund of the Delivery Services Fee. Go People will make a determination, such determination not to be unreasonably made or delayed.
6.1 Any delivery made under the GoNOW Service comes with a warranty that covers lost or damaged delivery goods, which is capped at a maximum amount of $100.00 and is subject to the terms and conditions of the warranty (the “Warranty”) . The Warranty is not offered by Go People, but rather, is offered by its third-party warranty provider. As such, you must read the terms and conditions of the Warranty at www.gopeople.com.au/freightsafe-about/.