1.2. “Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. Go People may collect and use the following kinds of information:
- information about your use of the Application (including operating system; version and language; pages viewed while browsing the Application; page access times; and referring Application address);and
- information about your personal details (including, but not limited to,name; package details; phone contact details; address information;email; date of birth; username; password; and payment information)
2.2. Personal Information and your personal details may be collected from you in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: when you register for the services; when you interact with Go People electronically or in person; when you access the Application; and when Go People provides services to you.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Go People may use your Personal Information to:
- enable your access to the Application;
- provide to you the services that you purchase or request as a
- track usage and measure traffic statistics of the Application;
- receive and/or access information from third party providers for the provision of our services to you;
- contact you regarding your use of the services or services offered by Go People;
- contact you in relation to comments, complaints, enquiries or
- collect payments from you;
- communicate with third party providers or associate parties with
respect to the provision of the services; and
- send you marketing communications.
3.2. Go People will not disclose Personal Information about you, unless it is required, incidental or otherwise related to the primary purpose of providing services to you or a third party for which you have consented to by engaging Go People’s services, or browsing Go People’s Application. However,Go People may disclose your Personal Information to its business partners who assist in providing services to you as a customer.
3.3. Go People in its sole discretion, may disclose your Personal Information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish,
exercise or defend its legal rights.
3.4. Go People is not liable for how a third party uses your Personal Information if the Personal Information has been disclosed in accordance with this policy.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
4.1. Go People will transfer Personal Information to someone who is in a foreign country where:
- Go People reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively
upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are
substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles;
- the transfer is required for Go People to provide you the services you requested;
- all of the following apply:
- the transfer is for your benefit;
- it is impracticable to obtain your consent to that transfer; and
- if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it; or
- Go People has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the
recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. It is important that you advise Go People of changes to your Personal Information that you have provided to Go People as it is essential that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date in order for Go People to provide services to you.
5.2. Go People uses reasonable technical precautions and has implemented business processes to protect your Personal Information from misuse,loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However Go People is not liable for any unauthorised access to, or dissemination of, this information.
5.3. Go People will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify
Personal Information if it is no longer needed for the purposes of providing our services to you and where Go People is not required to retain that information by law.
6. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1. You are responsible to ensure that the information you provide to Go People is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
6.2. By request, you may contact Go People at email@example.com and ask to know what sort of Personal Information is held about you, for what purposes, and how it is collected, held, used and disclosed and you may also request access to the information held. Go People may charge, in its discretion, a reasonable administration fee for this access.
6.3. Go People in its sole discretion may consider that there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) or other relevant law to withhold Personal Information, or not make the requested changes.
7. IDENTIFIERS AND ANONYMITY
7.1. You acknowledge that Go People retains, collects and maintains your Personal Information for statistical analysis purposes (whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes). You agree that Go People may share, distribute and/or transfer information which you have provided to Go People to third parties, after that information has been de-identified.
8. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
8.1. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal
record or health information.
8.2. Sensitive information will be used by Go People only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary
- with your consent; or
- where required or authorised by law.
9. COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
9.1. As a valuable customer, if you have any complaints in relation to this
9.2. A complaint should identify whether it is about:
- the collection of Personal Information;
- the use of Personal Information;
- the disclosure of Personal Information;
- the security or storage of Personal Information;
- the accuracy of Personal Information;
- a refusal to give complaint access to or find out about their Personal Information; or
- a refusal to change or delete Personal Information.
9.3. Go People values your opinions and takes complaints very seriously. Upon receiving written notice of your complaint about privacy, Go People will respond quickly to advise you of the outcome following its enquiring into the same.You will also be invited to respond to its outcome. If a response is received, Go People will assess it and advise if it has changed its view or outcome. If you are unsatisfied with the final outcome, Go People will advise further options including, if appropriate, making a complaint with the Office
of the Australian Information Commissioner.
10.1. No partnership or agency
11. VARIATIONS TO THIS POLICY