1. Go People provides the Sender with an opportunity to purchase a warranty against loss or damage to the Sender’s goods while the goods are in the possession of a Runner (the “Goods”), subject to the limitations and exclusions set out hereunder (the “FreightSafe Warranty”). All FreightSafe Warranties are governed by the General Terms and Conditions for Senders, these terms and conditions, and the details regarding the cost and different types of warranty cover available through the FreightSafe Warranty which can be found here: https://www.gopeople.com.au/freightsafe-about/.
2. The FreightSafe Warranty ‘A’ Level of Cover applies by default to all Goods consigned using the GoVIP and GoSAMEDAY Service on each Sender’s account. The FreightSafe Warranty will only apply to the GoSHIFT Service once the Sender selects a FreightSafe Warranty Level of Cover. Senders can select which FreightSafe Warranty Level of Cover will apply to each delivery through the GoPeople platform.
FreightSafe Warranty Claims
3. Any claim under the FreightSafe Warranty for damage to or loss of Goods (“Claim”) must be made via online claim form or in writing on a claim form supplied by Go People. Claims must be sent via:-
post to FreightSafe, 2/13 Sydenham Road, Brookvale, NSW, 2100
or faxed to: (02) 9905 0006
or emailed to: email@example.com
4. The Sender must notify Go People in writing of any Claim within the following time limits:
- where the Receiver has indicated in writing on the proof of delivery, within three (3) days from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address; and
- in respect of Claims for non-delivery, within three (3) days after the date of dispatch specified for that job.
5. The Sender may only make one (1) Claim per job.
6. The Sender must provide to Go People with any Claim, documentary evidence acceptable to Go People (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods) as proof of value of the Goods.
7. Where the Sender makes a valid Claim, Go People reserves the right to pay the Claim either directly to the Sender by cheque or EFT or as a credit note to the Sender’s account.
8. Claims will only be paid by Go People in respect of any Claim after the Sender has paid all outstanding amounts owed by the Sender to Go People on their account.
FreightSafe Warranty Limitations
9. The FreightSafe Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Claims are limited to loss of or damage to the Goods only. For the avoidance of doubt, the FreightSafe Warranty does not cover any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Sender as a result of loss or damage to the Goods.
- The maximum amount that may be claimed from Go People under the FreightSafe Warranty is the lesser of:
- the FreightSafe Warranty limitation amount of either $0, $100, $250 or $1,000, as selected and paid for by you; and
- the cost price of the Goods, as supported by documentary evidence acceptable to Go People (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods).
- GST and freight charges relating to the job covered by the FreightSafe Warranty shall not be included in the calculation of any amount payable under the FreightSafe Warranty in respect of the Goods and any payment by Go People arising out of any Claim made by the Sender will be exclusive of GST.
- Where a Claim has been paid in full for damaged Goods, Go People reserves the right to take possession of the Goods as salvage and to dispose of such Goods as it sees fit.
FreightSafe Warranty Exclusions
10. The FreightSafe Warranty will not cover any Claims made by Senders in any of the following circumstances:
- where the Sender has not paid all charges in connection with the delivery of the relevant Goods;
- where the Sender fails to submit the Claim to Go People within the relevant time limits as set out in clause 4 above;
- where Go People is in possession of an unendorsed proof of delivery form for the job;
- where the Goods consigned are Excluded Goods, where “Excluded Goods” means any of the following items:-
- currency; negotiable instruments; jewellery; gemstones; precious metals; antiques; works of art; securities; drugs; weapons or living animals; household and personal effects; second hand goods, cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco products; valuable documents; glass or glass product.
- where the Goods are determined by Go People, acting reasonably, to have been defective prior to GoPeople or the Runner taking possession of the Goods;
- where damage, mechanical failure or other operational defect in the Goods could not, in the reasonable opinion of Go People, have been caused by or during the carriage;
- where Go People fails, delays or is unable to carry out its obligations under this contract due to strikes and / or lockouts (whether of Go People’s own employees or those of others and whether or not Go People could have avoided the same by acceding to the demands of the employees responsible for such action), acts of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood, embargo, litigation, acts of government or any agency instrumentality or any political subdivision thereof or any other cause beyond the control Go People;
- where the goods have been lost or damaged as a result of derailments;
- where, in Go People’s reasonable opinion, the Goods have not been suitably packaged for handling, transport or storage (see our packaging guidelines at: https://www.gopeople.com.au/packaging-guidelines/);
- where Go People or the Runner has complied with the Sender’s reasonable written instructions for the safe-handling, transportation and storage of the Goods; and
- where the Delivery Address is a post office box, a roadside drop or postal mail box or where Go People or the Runner have complied with the Sender’s instructions to leave the Goods unattended at the Delivery Address.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Contract
11. Go People reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of contract from time to time, without prior notice to the Sender. The terms and conditions apply to a FreightSafe Warranty is the version of these terms and conditions effective at the time the FreightSafe Warranty is purchased.