1. Go People provides the Sender with an opportunity to obtain a warranty against loss or damage to the Sender’s goods while the goods are in the possession of a Runner (the “Goods”), subject to the limitations and exclusions set out hereunder (the “FreightSafe Warranty”). All FreightSafe Warranties are governed by the General Terms and Conditions for Senders, these terms and conditions, and the details regarding the cost and different types of warranty cover available through the FreightSafe Warranty which can be found here: https://www.gopeople.com.au/freightsafe-about/.
2. The FreightSafe Warranty ‘A’ Level of Cover applies by default to all Goods consigned using the GoNOW and GoSAMEDAY Service on each Sender’s account. The FreightSafe Warranty will only apply to the GoSHIFT Service once the Sender selects a FreightSafe Warranty Level of Cover. Senders can select which FreightSafe Warranty Level of Cover will apply to each delivery through the GoPeople platform.
FreightSafe Warranty Claims
3. Any claim under the FreightSafe Warranty for damage to or loss of Goods (“Claim”) must be made via online claim form or in writing on a claim form supplied by Go People. Claims must be sent to:-
FreightSafe, 2/13 Sydenham Road, Brookvale, NSW, 2100
or faxed to (02) 9905 0006
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Sender must notify Go People in writing of any Claim within the following time limits:
- where the Receiver has indicated in writing on the proof of delivery or has records that they have informed Go People that loss or damage has occurred in respect of the Goods, within three (3) days from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address;
- where the Receiver has acknowledged that the Goods have been delivered and received in good order and condition, within three (3) days from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address;
- In respect of Claims for non-delivery, within three (3) days after the date of dispatch specified for that job.
5. The Sender may only make one (1) Claim per job.
6. The Sender must provide to Go People with any Claim, documentary evidence acceptable to Go People (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods) as proof of value of the Goods.
7. Where the Sender makes a valid Claim, Go People reserves the right to pay the Claim either directly to the Sender by cheque or EFT or as a credit note to the Sender’s account.
8. Claims will only be paid by Go People in respect of any Claim after the Sender has paid all outstanding amounts owed by the Sender to Go People on their account.
FreightSafe Warranty Limitations
9. The FreightSafe Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Claims are limited to loss of or damage to the Goods only. For the avoidance of doubt, the FreightSafe Warranty does not cover any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Sender as a result of loss or damage to the Goods.
- The maximum amount that may be claimed from Go People under the FreightSafe Warranty is the lesser of:
- the FreightSafe Warranty limitation amount of either $0, $100, $250 or $1,000, as selected and paid for by you; and
- the cost price of the Goods, as supported by documentary evidence acceptable to Go People (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods).
- GST and freight charges relating to the job covered by the FreightSafe Warranty shall not be included in the calculation of any amount payable under the FreightSafe Warranty in respect of the Goods and any payment by Go People arising out of any Claim made by the Sender will be exclusive of GST.
- Where a Claim has been paid in full for damaged Goods, Go People reserves the right to take possession of the Goods as salvage and to dispose of such Goods as it sees fit.
FreightSafe Warranty Exclusions
10. The FreightSafe Warranty will not cover any Claims made by Senders in any of the following circumstances:
- Where the Sender has not paid the Freight charge;
- Where the Sender fails to submit the Claim to Go People within the relevant time limits set out above;
- Where Go People is in possession of an unendorsed proof of delivery form for the job;
- Where the Goods consigned are Excluded Goods, where “Excluded Goods” means each of the following items:-
- currency; negotiable instruments; jewellery; gemstones; precious metals; antiques; works of art; securities; drugs; weapons or living animals; household and personal effects; second hand goods, cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco products; valuable documents; glass or glass product.
- Where Go People in its reasonable opinion considers the Packaging of the Goods to be inadequate for road, rail, sea or air transportation;
- Where the Goods are determined by Go People to have been defective prior to the Carriage;
- Where damage, mechanical failure or other operational defect in the Goods could not, in the reasonable opinion of Go People, have been caused by or during the carriage;
- Where Go People fails, delays or is unable to carry out its obligations under this contract due to strikes and / or lockouts (whether of Go People’s own employees or those of others and whether or not Go People could have avoided the same by acceding to the demands of the employees responsible for such action), acts of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood, embargo, litigation, acts of government or any agency instrumentality or any political subdivision thereof or any other cause beyond the control Go People;
- Where the goods have been lost or damaged as a result of derailments;
- Where the Goods have not been packed in the original manufacturer’s packaging or the equivalent;
- Where the Delivery Address is a post office box, a roadside drop or postal mail box.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Contract
11. Go People reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of contract from time to time, without prior notice to the Sender, so be sure to read these terms each time before using Go People’s platform.