At the heart of GoPeople’s business is ensuring:
- excellent service is delivered;
- Senders and receivers experience a high level of customer satisfaction; and
- goods are delivered in a timely manner.
GoPeople values any feedback received from Senders about how to improve delivery services provided by Runners.
GoPeople has subsequently developed the following Delivery Service Standards for Runners based on Sender feedback and expectations.
High Delivery standards are expected.
This means that goods should be picked up and arrive at their destination in as close a condition as when they were picked up. To meet this standard, Runners are expected to:
- handle goods in a safe and appropriate manner, consistent with the Sender’s instructions. This may mean Runners need to prepare appropriate tools or equipment before accepting a job or picking up a delivery. If a Runner is uncertain what tools or equipment will be required, it should ask the Sender before accepting a job.
- not allow goods to be damaged during handling or transit, including from being exposed to bad weather.
- exhibit safe driver behaviours, so that goods are not damaged due to driving-related incidents. This includes ensuring drivers wear appropriate footwear. Runner vehicles should otherwise be roadworthy and properly maintained.
- make all endeavours to ensure that goods are not stored or handled in a way which could cause them to be damaged, stained or contaminated. It is generally expected that Runners’ vehicles will be clean and smoke-free. Runners should also wear clean and appropriate clothing and attire.
High Communication standards are expected.
This means that Runners need to make sure that they are keeping Senders informed about their deliveries. To meet this standard, Runners are expected to:
- be attentive to Sender instructions during the provision of delivery services, including in respect of pickup and delivery locations and times.
- keep Senders informed during the provision of delivery services.
- be readily contactable during the provision of delivery services.
- are courteous and polite in all dealings with Senders, Go People and members of the community.
- inform Senders if their delivery is to be left unattended. If goods are to be left unattended, Runners should always take a clear photo as proof of delivery to demonstrate completion of delivery services.
- inform Senders if their delivery need to be returned.
- keep their GPS location on during the provision of delivery services to enable Senders to track their orders.