1. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These additional Terms and Conditions (the “Additional Terms”) shall be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions for Runners (the “General Terms”) which can be found at www.gopeople.com.au/terms-for-runners/.
1.2 Words which are defined in the General Terms have the same meaning in the Additional Terms unless the context requires otherwise.
2. PROVIDING THE ON-DEMAND JOBS SERVICE AS A RUNNER
2.1 The Application provides you with an opportunity to:
- review delivery requests listed on the Application by the Senders (the “Requests”);
- provide a bid for a Request (the “Quote”) or if you are a Trusted Runner, you may accept the Request without bidding;
- if the Quote is accepted, you will then make the delivery (the “Delivery”) for the price provided in the Quote (the “Delivery Services Fee”).
The Request, Quote and Delivery will be hereafter collectively referred to as the “Jobs”. Multiple Jobs which are grouped together as a single group will be referred to as the “Grouped Jobs”.
2.2 Go People charges a commission fee on the Delivery Services Fee for facilitating the provision of your courier services to the Senders (the “Commission Fee”). Go People will hold the remainder (that is the difference between the Delivery Services Fee and Commission Fee, and will be referred to as the “Funds”) on your behalf, until you make a request to withdraw the money from your Account (the “Withdrawal”). Go People will make payment of the Funds once the Withdrawal is made in accordance with clause 4 of the Additional Terms.
2.3 Once the Jobs (for Grouped Jobs, all Jobs within the Grouped Jobs) are completed in accordance with the delivery instructions by the Senders, Go People will make payment of the Funds to your Account within 48 hours, unless there is a dispute about the Jobs (or any Jobs within the Grouped Jobs) or a GPS issue.
2.4 If there is a dispute about a Job, in order to facilitate a potential refund to the Senders, Go People will, and you authorise Go People, to:
- withhold the security bond you have deposited with Go People; and
- if there is no security bond deposited, Go People will withhold a minimum of $100 in your Account;
until the dispute is resolved in accordance with clause 14 of the General Terms.
For each subsequent dispute about a Job, Go People will withhold another minimum of $100 from your Account.
2.5 If Go People reasonably determines that you are liable for the loss and/or damage to the delivery goods, Go People will and you authorise Go People to deduct from your Account any amount owing to the Senders and/or Go People.
3. RECEIPT POLICY
3.1 Go People will provide you with a receipt, which outlines the full amount of the Delivery Services Fee plus GST in the event that you are registered for GST.
4. WITHDRAWAL POLICY
4.1 Withdrawal requests are:
- processed by Go People on each Monday and Thursday (during business hours); and
- limited to one (1) on each Monday and Thursday of each week.
Where a Monday or Thursday is a public holiday in New South Wales, Go People will process the Withdrawal request on the next business day.
4.2 You should ensure that any Withdrawal requests are made before 11:59pm AEST on Sunday and Wednesday so that Go People can process the Withdrawal on Monday and Thursday respectively.
4.3 Following a Withdrawal request, Go People will provide you with a Withdrawal receipt for the full amount withdrawn.
5. ADDITIONAL FEES
5.1 Subject to Clause 5 of the Additional Terms, there may be additional fees payable to you:
- where you are required to wait for more than 10 minutes prior to being able to complete the pick-up or delivery as scheduled due to the Sender or the recipient not being at the site of the pick-up or delivery, the Sender is required to pay $0.00 for the first 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up or delivery time and thereafter $5.00 for each 10-minute unit (the “Waiting Fee”). The $5.00 charge for each 10-minute unit will apply even if the waiting time for each unit is less than 10 minutes. For example, a waiting time of 11 minutes from the scheduled time will incur a Waiting Fee of $5.00. When Go People actually receives the Waiting Fee from the Sender, Go People will hold the money on your behalf until you make a request to withdraw the Waiting Fee, in part or full;
- where you are assigned to a Job after 5 minutes of the placement of the Job request and the Sender cancels the Job, the Sender is required to pay a cancellation fee of a minimum $11.00 including GST (the “Sender Cancellation Fee”). When Go People actually receives the Cancellation Fee from the Sender, Go People will hold the money on your behalf until you make a request to withdraw the Cancellation Fee, in part or full;
- where you are required to return the items to be delivered, the Sender is required to pay a fee for the return of the items, being the standard on-demand price to deliver the item from the current location of the item to the original departure address (the “Return Fee”). When Go People actually receives the Return Fee from the Sender, Go People will deduct any Commission Fee payable to Go People and hold the remainder of the fee on your behalf until you make a request to withdraw the Return Fee, in part or full; and
- where you are required to re-deliver the items from the current location address of the item to a new destination address, the Sender is required to pay a fee for re-delivery (where applicable), being the standard on-demand price (which shall not be less than $11.00 including GST) to deliver the item from the initial delivery address of the item to a new destination address (the “Re-delivery Fee”). When Go People actually receives the Re-Delivery Fee from the Sender, Go People will deduct any Commission Fee payable to Go People and hold the remainder of the fee on your behalf until you make a request to withdraw the Re-Delivery Fee, in part or full.
5.2 You acknowledge that you may be liable for the following additional fees (if applicable):
- a delay fee of a minimum $5.50, where you are later than the agreed delivery time by more than 30 minutes but less than 60 minutes, then Go People will be required to deduct the Delay Fee from the Delivery Services Fee payable to you and refund this to the Sender (the “Delay Fee”);
- a cancellation fee of a minimum $11.00 where the Sender requests for the Delivery Services to be cancelled due to your delay by more than 60 minutes from the agreed delivery time, then the Sender may cancel the Job, have the Delivery Services Fee refunded to them by Go People and, Go People will charge you the Cancellation Fee either:
- by deducting the Cancellation Fee from the Funds held by Go People on your behalf; or
- by notifying you in writing that you are obliged to pay the Cancellation Fee within seven (7) days of receipt of the notice.
(the “Cancellation Fee”);
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 where you fail to keep your GPS location service on at all times during the Delivery and that Go People is unable to track your location for more than 30 minutes;
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 for each delivery item that you fail to pick up for the Job assigned to you; and/or
- an administration fee of a minimum of $11.00 where you fail to deliver the items of the Job assigned to you.
(collectively referred to as the “Additional Fees”)
5.3 Each Request will prescribe a timeframe for pick-up or delivery of the item. You are required to use your reasonable endeavours to pick-up or deliver the item by no later than 30 minutes of the agreed timeframe. If you do not pick-up or deliver the item within 30 minutes of the agreed timeframe, then Go People and the Sender reserves their right to cancel the Job by notice to you. If the Sender elects to cancel the Job, you will be liable to pay the Cancellation Fee.
5.4 If the Sender elects to book a return the Job, you are required to return the item to the place of collection before 12:00pm AEST on the next business day, unless otherwise agreed by the Sender. Should you fail to return the item within this period of time, then not only do you have a continuing obligation to return the item to the place of collection, but you will also be charged an extra holding fee in the sum of $5.50 per hour until the item is returned to the place of collection.
5.5 If Go People reasonably determines that the Additional Fees (if applicable) are payable by you, you authorise Go People to deduct the Additional Fees (if applicable) from your Account.
5.6 If you are unsatisfied with Go People’s determination in clause 5.5 of the Additional Terms, you can contact Go People by sending an email to email@example.com outlining why you believe you should not be held liable for the Additional Fees. Go People will consider your submission and make a further determination, such further determination not to be unreasonably made or delayed. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome, you may have the matter determined by a mediator in accordance with the mediation process as set out in clause 14 of the General Terms.
6. REFUND POLICY
6.1 If a Sender is requesting a refund, you agree to immediately respond to Go People with respect to the Sender’s request for a refund within 24 hours from receiving notice of the request.
6.2 If you agree to refund the Delivery Services Fee to a Sender, or part thereof, you acknowledge that you will refund the Delivery Services Fee to Go People using Australian currency.
6.3 If for whatever reason you do not agree to refund the Delivery Services Fee to a Sender, you are required to refer this matter to dispute resolution pursuant to clause 14 of the General Terms.