1. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These additional Terms and Conditions (the “Additional Terms”) shall be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions for Senders (the “General Terms”) which can be found at http://www.gopeople.com.au/terms.
2. USING THE APPLICATION
2.1 The Application provides you with an opportunity to make an advance booking of a runner (the “Dedicated Runner”) for a minimum of three (3) hours delivery work (the “Dedicated Runner Service”). The Dedicated Runner Service can either be performed in the morning or afternoon (a “Shift”). Go People will help you find the Dedicated Runner in accordance with your requirements.
2.2 To use the Dedicated Runner Service, you must:
- post the Shift, on the Application, in advance with at least two days’ notice given to Go People;
- upload all the delivery jobs (the “Job”) for a Shift at least 15 minutes before the Shift begins;
- set an hourly rate; Go People recommends that bonuses be offered to Dedicated Runners as an incentive for delivery on special occasions such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day; and
- pay the Delivery Services Fee to Go People. The delivery services fee is equal to the Estimated Work Time (“EWT”) for a Shift multiply by the hourly rate set by you (the “Delivery Services Fee”). By way of example, if the EWT is 4 hours and the hourly rate is $30, the Delivery Services Fee is $120.
2.3 You acknowledge and agree that the EWT is an estimation only and is calculated based on historical data. The EWT may vary from time to time based on the information given by you. Go People cannot guarantee that the EWT will reflect the actual delivery time. If the EWT is longer than the period of the Shift you have booked, Go People will suggest that you either:
- increase the period of the Shift with additional payment;
- publish the additional Jobs as On Demand or as Standard Same Day Service;
- move the additional Jobs to the next cut-off time; or
- cancel the additional Jobs, with no cancellation fee payable.
2.4 You authorise Go People to automatically deduct the Delivery Services Fee from your digital wallet linked to your account upon acceptance of the Shift by the Dedicated Runner, or you will be required to make payment in advance of the performance of the Dedicated Runner Services.
2.5 Go People does not and will not refund you any Delivery Services Fee if for whatever reason:
- you or your recipients are unable to attend to facilitate the completion of the Shift; and
- Go People and/or the Dedicated Runner is unable to complete the Shift due to incorrect, incomplete or insufficient instructions provided by you as to the location, timeframe or security requirements relevant to the provision of the Dedicated Runner Service; and
- Go People is unable, for whatever reason, to complete the Dedicated Runner Service which due to your action or omission.
2.6 You acknowledge that you and your recipient are responsible to confirm that the Dedicated Runner Service has been completed by the Dedicated Runner. Should you, or your recipient, fail to confirm the Services, Go People will automatically mark the Dedicated Runner Service as being completed after 48 hours.
2.7 Upon making a deposit payment for the Dedicated Runner Service, Go People will issue you with an invoice.
2.8 You agree and acknowledge that there is no warranty that Go People agrees to provide the Dedicated Runner Service to you and that Go People will only perform the Dedicated Runner Service for you after you have posted a Shift and Go People has confirmed its acceptance of the Shift. In some situations, Go People may be unable to source a Dedicated Runner to perform the Services to you and therefore will be unable to accept the Shift. Where no Dedicated Runner has been assigned to your Shift and the Shift has not been accepted by Go People, you may cancel the Shift pursuant to Clause 4 of these Additional Terms.
2.9 The warranty provision in Cause 9 of the General Terms and the Refund Policy in Clause 10 the General Terms only apply to Shifts posted on the Application and they do not apply to any Shifts that are not posted on the Application. Accordingly, should any issues arise from the delivery of Shifts that are not posted on the Application, such as loss of or damage to the delivery goods, you will have no access to any remedies and/or warranty provided by Go People under the General Terms. For these reasons, Go People strongly discourages you from:
- contacting any Dedicated Runner directly to engage the Dedicated Runner to perform any delivery services without using the Application; and/or
- instructing a Dedicated Runner who has been assigned to you to perform additional delivery jobs outside the scope of the existing retainer.
You should always ensure that all Shifts are posted through the Application.
3.1 You will be required to pay the Delivery Services Fee to Go People pursuant to Clause 2 of these Additional Terms. Go People acknowledges that, on receipt of the Delivery Services Fee, it will provide you with a receipt for the amount of the Delivery Services Fee inclusive of GST.
4.1 Subject to Clause 4.2 and 4.3 of these Additional Terms, in using the Dedicated Runner Service, you acknowledge that you may be charged additional fees as a result of any delay and/or cancellation of the Services. The additional fees include:
- a waiting fee where you or the recipient are not at the site of the pick-up or delivery and the Dedicated Runner is required to wait for more than 10 minutes prior to being able to complete the pick-up or delivery as arranged. The delay fee is $0.00 for the first 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up or delivery time and any waiting time thereafter shall be added to the delivery Estimated Work Time (EWT) for final payment (the “Waiting Fee”). For instance, if the EWT is 3 hour and the Dedicated Runner is required to wait for an additional 40 minutes, the first 10 minutes waiting time is free but the additional waiting time of 30 minutes will be added to the EWT, making the EWT 3 hour and 30minutes. You must pay for the final EWT of 3 hour and 30 minutes;
- a cancellation fee of 30% of the Delivery Services Fee, which shall not be less than the one hour payment set by the Sender (the “Cancellation Fee”) will always apply if you elect to cancel a Shift after a Dedicated Runner has been assigned to the Shift. Additional Cancellation Fee may apply for special occasions such as Christmas or Valentine’s Day. However, no additional fees will apply if you simply cancel a Job within a Shift;
- a fee for the return of the items which were to be delivered, being the standard on-demand price to deliver the item from the current location of the item to the original departure address (the “Return Fee”). The Return Fee may be waived if you are able to load the Job into another Shift; and
- a fee for re-delivery (where applicable), being the standard on-demand price (which shall not be less than $11.00) to deliver the item from the original pick-up location of the item to a new destination address (the “Re-delivery Fee”).
(collectively referred to as the “Delay/Cancellation Fees”)
4.2 You acknowledge and agree that:
- where you or your nominee are not available to take receipt of a Delivery at the designated time or location then; or
- where you have failed to properly identify the specifics of the Job or provided incorrect information and, as a result, Go People and/or the Dedicated Runner is unable to perform the Dedicated Runner Service; or
- the items to be delivered are Restricted Items pursuant to Clause 8 of the General Terms and you failed to notify Go People of the same;
then, in addition to the Delivery Service Fee, you will be required to pay the Cancellation Fee, the Return Fee and the Re-delivery Fee. In the event that you elect to have the Job completed by the Dedicated Runner after rectifying the issues in question, Go People reserves the right to charge you up to an additional $2/km distance travelled and up to $30/hour of additional time spent as a consequence of any of the reasons listed above.
4.3 You acknowledge and agree that we or our agents, servants and/or contractors may, if given permission by you, be allowed to leave the items for the Delivery at the location nominated.