1. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These additional Terms and Conditions (the “Additional Terms”) shall be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions for Senders (the “General Terms”) which can be found at www.gopeople.com.au/terms/.
1.2 Words which are defined in the General Terms have the same meaning in the Additional Terms as in the General Terms unless the context requires otherwise.
2. USING THE GOSHIFT SERVICE AS A SENDER
2.1 The Application provides you with an opportunity to make an advance booking of a runner (the “Shift Runner”) for a minimum of three (3) hours delivery work, which can be performed between the hours of 5:00am and 10:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (a “Shift”). Go People will help you find the Shift Runner in accordance with your requirements.
2.2 To use the GoSHIFT Service, you must:
- post a Shift on the Application before the Shift begins;
- upload all the delivery jobs (the “Job”) for a Shift before the Shift begins;
- choose your vehicle type ; and
- pay the Base Shift Fee to Go People either by authorising Go People to automatically deduct the Base Shift Fee from your digital wallet linked to your Account or by making advance payment via a credit/debit card. The Base Shift Fee is equal to the Estimated Work Time (“EWT”) for a Shift multiplied by the hourly rate plus other variables and levies such as a long distance levy and and out of metro levy (the “Base Shift Fee”).
2.3 You acknowledge and agree that the EWT is an estimation only and is calculated based on historical data. The EWT may vary from time to time based on the information given by you. Go People cannot guarantee that the EWT will reflect the actual delivery time.
2.4 If the number of Shift Runners required to complete the Shift is more than the number of Shift Runners you have booked, then Go People or you may:
- increase the period of the Shift with additional payment;
- book the additional Jobs as GoNOW or as GoSAMEDAY Services;
- move the additional Jobs to the next cut-off time; or
- cancel the additional Jobs, with no cancellation fee payable.
2.5 Go People and/or the Shift Runner will only perform the Services for you after:
- you have posted a Shift;
- the Delivery Services Fee has been paid in full; and
- a Shift Runner has irrevocably confirmed its acceptance of your Shift.
In some situations, Go People may be unable to source a Shift Runner to perform the Services to you and therefore will be unable to accept the Shift. Where no Shift Runner has been assigned to your Shift and the Shift has not been accepted by Go People, you may cancel the Shift and Go People will provide you with a refund pursuant to clause 5 of the Additional Terms.
2.6 You acknowledge that you and your recipient are responsible to confirm that the Shift has been completed by the Shift Runner. Should you, or your recipient, fail to confirm that the Shift has been completed by the Shift Runner, Go People will automatically mark the Shift as being completed after 48 hours.
2.7 Should you wish to dispute the performance of the Shift, please follow the Dispute Resolution procedures as set out in clause 13 of the General Terms.
2.8 Go People encourages you to always ensure that all Shifts are posted through the Application and not to:
- contact a Shift Runner directly to engage the Shift Runner to perform any courier services without using the Application; and/or
- instruct a Shift Runner who has been assigned to you to perform additional delivery jobs outside the scope of the existing retainer.
This is because the Refund Policy in clause 5 and the Warranty in clause 6 of the Additional Terms only apply to Shifts posted on the Application and they do not apply to any Shifts that are not posted on the Application. Accordingly, should any issues arise from any courier services that are not posted on the Application, such as loss of, or damage to, the delivery goods, you will have no access to any remedies and/or warranty provided by Go People under the Additional Terms.
2.9 Go People and/or the Shift Runners cannot guarantee that the Shift can be completed within the delivery time frame as unexpected circumstances or events that are beyond Go People and/or the Shift Runners’ reasonable control may arise and delay the performance of the Shift.
2.10 Where the delivery goods are packaged using boxes, the size of each of the boxes must not exceed 0.2m x 0.2m x 0.2m or weigh greater than 10kg and it is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are packaged into a size which is capable of being collected and stored in the motor vehicle the Shift Runner has allocated to the Job. Within 15 minutes from the time the Shift Runner accepts the Shift and/or Job, you must ascertain whether the motor vehicle will be suitable for its purposes and if the motor vehicle is unsuitable or if you are uncertain, you must contact the Shift Runner immediately and within the time period specified above. The Runner may refuse to deliver the goods if the size of each of the boxes do not match your description and if so, you will be liable for any additional costs and expenses (such as cancellation fee) that may be incurred in relation to the delivery goods.
3. RECEIPT POLICY
3.1 On receipt of any deposits, Go People will provide you with a receipt for the amount of the deposit.
4. ADDITIONAL FEES
4.1 Subject to Clause 4.2 and 4.3 of these Terms, in using the GoSHIFT Service, you acknowledge that you may be charged for the following additional fees (if applicable):
- a delay fee where you or the recipient are not at the location of the pick-up or delivery and the Shift Runner is required to wait for more than 10 minutes prior to being able to complete the pick-up or delivery as arranged. The delay fee is $0.00 for the first 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up or delivery time and any waiting time thereafter shall be added to the delivery Estimated Work Time (EWT) for final payment (the “Waiting Fee”). For instance, if the EWT is 3 hour and the Shift Runner is required to wait for an additional 40 minutes, the first 10 minutes waiting time is free but the additional waiting time of 30 minutes will be added to the EWT, making the EWT 3 hour and 30 minutes. You must pay for the final EWT of 3 hour and 30 minutes based on the hourly rate;
- a cancellation fee of:
- 100% of the Base Shift Fee will always apply if you cancel a Shift after the commencement time of a Shift;
- 100% of the Base Shift Fee will always apply if you cancel a Shift with less than 15 minutes from the commencement time of a Shift;
- 60% of the Base Shift Fee will always apply if you cancel a Shift with less than 2 hours from the commencement time of a Shift; and
- 30% of the Base Shift Fee will always apply if you cancel a Shift with less than 24 hours but more than 2 hours from the commencement time of a Shift,
- (collectively referred to as the “Cancellation Fee”).
An Additional Cancellation Fee may apply for period of special occasions such as during the Christmas period from 22 December to 2 January, up to 7 days before and after Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day. You must provide the cancellation notice to Go People via email to email@example.com or via the member portal. Cancellation notice that are provided via any other means are deemed void and of no effect.
- a return fee for the items which were unable to be delivered (the “Return Fee”). The Return Fee is calculated at the standard GoNOW delivery fee, calculated from the last delivery address of the GoSHIFT to the original departure address. You will only be charged one (1) Return Fee during the GoSHIFT, notwithstanding there may be more than one (1) item which is unable to be delivered . The Return Fee may be waived if the Shift Runner can return the item to the Sender during the next Shift (if any); and
- a fee for re-delivery (where applicable), being the GoNOW price (which shall not be less than $11.00) to deliver the item from the original pick-up location of the item to a new destination address (the “Re-delivery Fee”). The re-delivery fee is calculated at the standard GoNOW delivery fee, calculated from the initial drop-off address to the new drop-off address.
(collectively referred to as the “Additional Fees”)
4.2 You acknowledge and agree that:
- where you are unavailable to allow for pick-up of the delivery goods or your nominee is unavailable to collect the delivery goods at the designated time and location;
- where you have failed to properly identify the specifics of any of the Jobs within the Shift or provided incorrect or incomplete information and, as a result, Go People and/or the Shift Runner is unable to complete the Shift and/or the Jobs; or
- the goods to be delivered are Restricted Items pursuant to clause 4 of the General Terms and you failed to notify Go People of the same,
then, in addition to the Base Shift Fee, you will be required to pay the Additional Fees (if applicable). In the event that you elect to have the Shift completed by the Shift Runner after rectifying the issues in question, Go People reserves the right to charge you up to an additional $2/km distance travelled and up to $30/hour of additional time spent as a consequence of any of the reasons listed above. However, Go People will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the additional costs.
5.1 The Base Shift Fee is not refundable in the following circumstances:
- you are unable to attend to facilitate the completion of the Shift;
- the Runner is unable to complete the Shift due to incorrect, incomplete or insufficient instructions provided by you as to the location, timeframe or security requirements relevant to the Shift; or
- the Runner is unable, for whatever reason, to complete the Shift due to your action or omission (such as where you have booked the wrong type of vehicle for delivery). or
- if the Runner has attempted delivery, have been unable to complete same at not fault of the Runners, and has returned the goods damaged. In this circumstance, the Sender will not be entitled to a refund but may be able to make claim against the FreightSafe Warranty taken out by the Sender with respect to the goods.
5.2 If you are unsatisfied with the GoSHIFT Service provided by Go People or believe that you may be entitled to a refund of the Base Shift Fee, you can contact Go People by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you believe you are entitled to a refund of the Base Shift Fee. Upon receipt of your complaint, Go People will make a determination, such determination not to be unreasonably made or delayed.
6.1 Go People and its third-party warranty provider do not provide any warranty for GoSHIFT Service. However, you may choose to subscribe to the warranty program, as set out at www.gopeople.com.au/freightsafe-about/. Please note that should you choose to subscribe to a warranty program, there may be additional costs associated with it.