Same-day courier services are becoming more and more important, and it follows that the courier industry is becoming more and more competitive.
To become more competitive in the industry, one has to make efficiencies. Indeed, there’s many efficiencies to be made in the courier industry. Ideally, if someone could invent a teleportation device, that could perfect a lot of these inefficiencies.
And a more competitive courier industry means a better outcome for retailers.
In the meantime, Go People has worked hard on its routing algorithm. We’re so proud of our algorithm, that we’re confident in claiming it’s state-of-the-art.
Our algorithm calculates the best route for our Runners when they’re making multiple deliveries. It factors in current and historical traffic conditions, as well as geography, the spread of the deliveries (with regards to volume and density) and the difficulty of the drop-off locations (delivering to a hospital is much harder than delivering to a house on a quarter-acre block).
We add together all this information into what we call an “Estimated Working Time” or EWT. We give our Senders this information, which is a very accurate assessment of how long it will take a Runner to complete all their given jobs.
By doing this, we’re helping to drive efficiencies in the courier industry. Route planning is a very important part of any courier service.
Better routes means a better outcome for retailers. We’re equipping retailers with the technology to manage couriers as pros.
What are you doing?
- Why Go People Chose the “Uber for Couriers” Business Model
- Go People Takes the Hassle out of Flower Deliveries with Same-Day and 3-hour Service
- Courier Dramas: Thinking Outside the Box
- Here’s How Retailers Can Make the Last Mile More Efficient
- Why virtual fitting rooms are the future for online shopping
- Cheap, speedy and quality service: They say you can’t have it all, but you can with Go People!
- Same-Day Delivery In Australia
- Route Planning is the Way of the Future For the Courier Industry
- What Is the “Last Mile”, and Why Is It So Important?
- Here’s how Go People can make your Shopify experience easier